It is very important that if you are attending a court hearing at Exeter Coroner’s Court that you adopt the following practices to ensure the health and safety of both yourself and the coroner’s court staff.
- Please contact the court office (01392 383636) to confirm you are attending.
- Those attending Exeter Coroners Court are requested to wear a face covering in the public areas of Devon County Hall. Attendees will not be required to wear a face covering in court due to the social distancing measures in place.
- When you arrive at County Hall please use the hand sanitiser provided which is located in the lobby area to the left of the door. Then please report to reception who will issue you with a pass on a lanyard. Please wear this lanyard at all times in the building. On leaving County Hall, report back to reception and return the lanyard using the wipes provided and sign out. Badges are wiped and lanyards rotated on a 72 hour basis.
- Maintain social distancing of at least 2 metres (6 feet) distance between yourself and others.
- Enter the courtroom as directed by the court staff, you will be asked to sign in providing your name, address and telephone number to assist with the track and trace service.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth.
- Maintain respiratory hygiene. This means covering your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Dispose of the used tissue immediately in the bins provided.
- Make sure you bring sufficient food and bottled water with you for your visit (if required) as we have closed our shop and removed water jugs and glasses from the court rooms. You will be able to take bottled water into the court room.
- Use the hand sanitizer when you leave the court.
- Stay informed on the latest developments about COVID-19 and follow advice given by your healthcare provider.
Please do not attend court if you have any symptoms of COVID-19 which include fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical advice early and stay at home.
Please note: As I am sure you will appreciate the situation is changing all the time so if there are any last minute changes to hearing dates you will be updated. Your patience and understanding at this time is much appreciated.